(regarding seaworld) okay so there has been some talk about seaworld closing. I am very for seaworld closing but with that the unfourtunate thing would be what will they do with the whales and the rest of the animals they have their. They will either have to a) keep them their and have someone always going their full time which is pointless b) relocate them.. to where? we dont know or c) put them back into the wild which would require tons of money and hours because they have basically lost all basic survival instinct so they would need to be trained and watched. Seaworld probably wouldn’t fund that. Anyways.
I do not believe it is true that the whales have lost their survival instincts. It might require some research to find out which surviving wild whales are related to them and orchestrate a release near to those whales.
A Simple Guide on the Humane Use of Animals
It’s times like these that I’m ashamed to be white, ashamed to have so many police officers in my family, and disgusted by the state of this “great” nation. I’m praying for everyone who’s needlessly being brutalized for simply existing.
Sick of this “don’t judge cops by the bad apples” shit. The apples are in the compost. If one’s still good, better dumpster dive it quick.
Edward Said in an interview with Timothy Appleby (1986) on the question "Can an Arab & Jewish state coexist?"
- TA: Why don't you, once and for all, renounce terror?
- ES: We're not in a position to renounce anything that confirms our status as essentially terrorists, which is what the Israelis have since the middle 1970s been trying to convince the world of. That all Palestinian acts of resistance are acts of terror. It's blatant hypocrisy, it's a lie, from a state that commands its bombers from a height of 10,000 feet to bomb refugee camps.
- TA: Nonetheless...
- ES: Nonetheless, I'm telling you about the image. Images are formed by the media, and you know as well as I do that you're not interested in covering Al Fajr [an Arab newspaper published in Jerusalem], but you do cover random outrages by individuals who attempt to blow up a bus in Israel. Have you ever actually done a body count? Have you? Have you any idea of the disparity between Israelis killed and Palestinians killed? I mean, we're talking hundreds to one...
- TA: Why do you think you have such a hard time convincing anybody of this?
- ES: Because we are a non-Western people from a civilization that has always been in conflict with the West. The world of Islam has always been a historical competitor, and it has never capitulated. So the one thing people don't understand is, why do you Palestinians whimper? Why don't you go away? Forget it. But we don't.
- TA: Maybe time is running out.
- ES: They said that five years ago [in 1981] -- the midnight hour. The fact is, every Israeli realizes they have no military option against us. What are they going to do? Kill everybody? So some of us say, WE FIGHT ON. And we keep saying, We're going to live together with you. That no matter what they do, we're a shadow.
- TA: It seems quite clear the Israelis are not going to give up...
- ES: It was very clear in Algeria. And they fought for what? 130 years? Then they gave up... [T]hey said that about the British in Kenya. Who could have imagined that after 300 years of colonization in India they would have left? They come and they go.